I’ve been coaching women and helping them take control of their own health and lifestyles again for some time now, and it feels like the concept of what a Health Coach is or does is still a mystery to many people who haven’t experienced it.
The simplest answer to this question is that a Health Coach is a trained professional who’s passionate about health – and helping others live their best lives. And yet it’s so much more than that!
A Health Coach:
- Is a master of habit change
- Is someone who stretches you to achieve goals you never dreamed were possible
- Is the difference between knowing what to do and actually doing it
- Is part cheerleader and part tough-love coach
- Helps you find what’s right for your unique body
- Helps you build healthy habits that align with how you want to feel every day
- Listens closely and asks powerful questions that most people won’t ask to help you get to the results you want
We nurture, guide, plan, advise, empower and hold clients accountable….until real and lasting results are achieved. We help them make changes and achieve their goals in every aspect of their lives. After all, your health is driven by so much more than just what you eat!
In my own health coaching practice, I work exclusively with women over 40ish who are struggling with the effects of aging, peri-menopause, menopause, and plain old middle age. For most of us, that’s not a particularly fun or enjoyable time of our lives. My mom once described menopause and aging as “being dragged backward through a hedgerow”, and at the time I thought she was just being dramatic. But now that I’ve been there/done that and am some days still riding that crazy aging wave…..I get it!
And now I help other women navigate that ride by ditching the diet mentality, finding their lost energy, losing extra weight for good, and creating new healthy habits that last, with the ultimate goal of feeling fabulous again!